Considering buying a golf cart? You came to right place. There are many factors when it comes to choosing the golf cart that should find its place in your home.
The Two Main Types of Golf Carts
There are two main power sources of golf carts: either gas or electric. Each of them has their positive attributes and drawbacks, but it ultimately will depend on what you’re using the golf cart for. It is also worthy to note that both retail for different price points.
Golf carts powered by gas can be comparable to our private cars. They are more heavy duty, have more horsepower, and travel at faster speeds. As creatures of habit, there will be an undoubted familiarity with care and handling for gas golf carts, since we’re used to our cars. Gassed up golf carts also last longer than electric golf carts on a single charge.
Why you need a gas golf cart:
- You will use your golf cart beyond the golf course, potentially for longer rides
- You frequently travel through uneven terrain, which would call for a golf cart with more power
- You want the flexibility of being able to place weightier items in your golf cart
- You want to spend less time in powering your golf cart
Electric golf carts are also a pretty nice alternative if you want a low maintenance, quiet, yet functional golf cart. Powered by batteries, most of the time, electric golf carts cost less than gas golf carts as well. While they do run a bit slower than their gas counterparts, this type of golf cart is also a pretty cool choice.
Why you need an electric golf cart:
- You want an environment-friendly golf cart, as electric ones do not pollute the air
- You want something more low maintenance, thereby requiring
- lesser trips to service your golf cart
- It is more convenient for you to charge batteries for power
- You want a tranquil driving experience with no noise
Three Key Things to Consider in a Golf Cart
There are some key things to factor in when buying a golf cart. Here’s a rundown of the most important ones.
- Features – Consider which features are important to you. What is your desired seating capacity for the golf cart? What about having a canopy, is that important to you? Try to think if having the features built-in beforehand is something you would appreciate more, or if you would like to purchase the accessories of your golf cart at a later time.
- Aesthetic – This should go without saying that you like what your golf cart looks like on the outside! There should be appeal, durability, functionality, and room for improvement.
- Price Point – Make sure to stay within your budget range, and identify whether or not you should go for a brand new golf car or maybe even a used one. The more features your golf cart has, the more expensive it will be as well. Make sure you’ve also set a purpose as to why you’re buying one: Is it for sports and leisure, or perhaps it’s more multipurpose?
The Most Popular Golf Cart Brands
Getting to know the most popular golf cart brands on the market today might help you narrow down your choices when it comes to buying yourself a brand new golf cart. Take a look at the manufacturers that have been making noise on the golf cart scene below.
- Club Car
- E-Z- GO
- Yamaha Motor Corporation
- Marshell Electric
Now, these are just some of the brands out there, and if they end up not giving you the specs that you need, you can also still branch out. But more often than not, you won’t go wrong with getting golf carts that are made by these companies.
In New Jersey, there are many places to shop for golf carts, and it’s best to go for reputable ones like Golf Cars Unlimited. Shopping for the perfect golf cart can take up a lot of time, so going to trusted dealers and talking to will surely help you make up your mind.